Monday, May 21, 2018

If you don't fall off the wagon regularly, you're not playing a big enough game...

Over 4 years ago, I made a conscious effort to let Life on the Dee List blog softly fade into nonexistent. Why? Well, lots of reasons. For starters, I was newly engaged and starting grad school along with working full-time. Basically, something had to give. Why revive LOTDL? Good question, maybe I should just stop now. Kidding! Well, since I graduated in December, I have newfound free time to try new hobbies, or in this case, pick back up some old ones. Additionally, I have had a few people encourage me to get back to it (full transparency, just a few, more than a couple, but not many). Recently, I held a kombucha-making workshop for our church (big ups, ResMpls!) and after talking about a few of my passions including fermented foods, sustainability and bees, someone suggested that I write a blog. I took it as a sign to give this another go.

I don't consider myself infinitely wise or particularly interesting, but looking back on the conception of this blog, I realized that I enjoy making things more accessible to others - whether that is beginning (or continuing) a healthy venture, trying a new recipe, workout or behavior. I certainly haven't tried it all, but this a space where I can share my tips and tricks that hopefully you find relevant and mildly interesting. If you were a follower from the jump, I hope you like the new design. I was going for something with a holistic hippie vibe, while staying simple. After showing Mr. L the new redesign, he asked if I thought it looked outdated. Jokes on him, I am going for simple and user friendly - I am a bad millenial anyway, so I am staying in my comfort zone on Blogger (think paper datebook and one of THE worst iCal users). Anyway, I consider this a radical improvement from the peacock feathers and all lowercase typing (uhm, what?!).

So, let's reintroduce ourselves, shall we? Since we last coexisted in this space, here is a list of things that happened in my life:
- I got married! I totally out-kicked my coverage with Mr. L. Just kidding, we are perfectly proportioned equivalents in very different ways.
- I graduated with my masters in holistic health studies from St. Catherine University
- I had 4 more knee surgeries, bringing the grand total to 8 knee surgeries. Don't count on a post about this. I plan to let the past be the past on this, but I guess we'll see.
- My husband and I got a dog and we absolutely ADORE her. My current goal is to be making sure she is living her best life. She is a goldendoodle named Penny and please plan to see lots of pictures and updates on her.
- I became an aunt, 3 times (soon to be 4!). Again, plan on lots of updates around my littles. They are my world and I FaceTime them several times...in a week. In all seriousness, being an aunt is absolutely taking priority over becoming a Mom right now. My nieces and nephew deserve all of my attention right now!
- Traveled a lot more! Lots of places both domestic and international including Croatia, Hawaii, Curacao, New York (yes, including Niagara Falls, super anti-climatic), Arizona, Ohio (don't hate) and Colorado.

Here are some pictures over the last 4 years (pictures are sometimes more fun than words, right?!)

Image may contain: 2 people
8/29/2015  
Image may contain: dog
Try and tell me that this face doesn't deserve the world!
Image may contain: 5 people, including Dee Lukas, people smiling, tree, child and outdoor
Aunt Dee and Uncle Drew strongly prefer to borrow kids versus having their own!
Image may contain: 2 people, including Dee Lukas, people smiling, people standing, hat and eyeglasses
P.s. In the last 4 years, I also learned how to fill in my eyebrows. 

No automatic alt text available.
Croatia!
No automatic alt text available.
At one point, our house had more than 1 baby animal...
Image may contain: swimming, plant, outdoor, water and nature
I never understood the point of a GoPro, until this moment

Image may contain: 2 people, including Dee Lukas, people smiling
One more because I thoroughly love being married to this guy!


Ok, now that the obligatory catch-up post is done, let's get this thing rolling (again)
XOXO

2 comments: