Sunday, March 10, 2013

.: what's in my purse? :.




if you are anything like me, you are always on the go, yet always trying to find a simple way to 'sneak' healthy habits into your every day life!

in this post, i wanted to expose what i carry with me everyday in my purse - this could get scary, but when my purse is strategically stocked, i find little to no excuses to stray out side of simple healthy habits.

i do like big purses, but when i emptied my purse for this picture i noticed that i could probably downsize........probably won't happen....



water bottle - i ALWAYS carry a water bottle with me. i feel naked with out one! carrying water will deter me from buying juice, high-sugar coffee, sports drinks or spend unnecessary money on buying water. most places have water fountains to refill a water bottle, so it makes it even more convenient and cheap!
 
chapstick - who doesn't carry chapstick with them? i bought this EOS chapstick a few months ago and have yet to lose it! (knock on wood) keeping it in my purse has prevented me from misplacing it.

cuticle cutter and nail file - you see, i have this nasty habit of biting my nails and/or picking my cuticles depending on the season, but if i keep my nails looking clean, i am less apt to destroy them. must. have. nail file.

hand lotion - i absolutely HATE having dry hands. this also helps my bad habit mentioned above.

gum - whenever i have a naggging craving (think sugar or chocolate), i chew a piece of gum until it is gone. this also happens to keep my mouth busy - another way to trick my mind from biting my nails. it's a gross habit, i know.

hand sanitizer - you think it would be odd for a germaphobe to be a nail biter - well, nice to meet you! i HATE germs. whenever drew and i are in public places i am always pushing hand sanitizer. hand sanitizer comes in handy in SO many situations like leaving the yoga studio/weight room, at a coffee shop, grocery shopping, work, there are more places to use hand sanitizer than to not use hand sanitizer. plus, being sick a lot towards the end of last year, i feel like i am in a safe bubble with my hand sanitizer.

flossers - if you haven't tried these hand flossers, you are seriously missing out! working at a Medicare insurance company, it was eye opening how important it is to take care of your teeth while you are young to avoid insanely high cost services when you are retired. these flossers have made flossing seem less daunting and time consuming (plus, you don't have to stick your germ-filled hands so far into your mouth, gross). i can floss in my car, in my cube, pretty much anywhere now! also, don't you just hate when you have something stuck in your teeth and you can't get it out ALL day??? i sure do.

crystal light packets - these babies pack 60 mg of caffeine and only have 5 calories! i've started using these as a pick me up when i feel like i just can't have another cup of coffee. worth nothing, i also don't depend on these everday because i am sure the pretend sugar isn't that great for me....

green tea - i am totally OK with relying on these for my afternoon pick me up! i always have green tea packets on me - when you think about it, hot water isn't all that hard to get no matter where you are....

emergen-c - since getting sick, i have been trying to drink these more religiously. all you need to do is add water, but i know some people who just eat the powder....either way, by carrying these, i have no excuse to miss my daily Vitamin C dose.

vitamins/supplements - i don't take too many of these, but the ones i do, i have a hard time taking on a regular basis. if i carry them in a little tupperware container, they are always on me. another way to have no excuses.

ipod - please tell me when you don't need music.

aside from all of this, i also carry my wallet (obvi) and my datebook (always).

i hope you've found some things that maybe you can add to your daily routine by carrying it around in your purse!

please let me know if i am missing anything that i should add to my purse (lord knows, there is PLENTY of room to fit more in purses these days....)


always striving for more,
dee b.

No comments:

Post a Comment